Cross-cultural awareness and skills
Awareness of cultural differences
- Definitions of communication, culture and cross-cultural communication.
- The five facts of communication.
- Beliefs about culture.
- The use of stereotypes: what is their origin and what are the risks for cross-cultural communication.
Knowledge – what do we need to learn about cultural differences
- The levels of culture : identity, values, beliefs, skills, behaviour and environment.
- The layers of culture : symbols, heroes, rituals and values.
- The different cultural groups.
- The dimensions of culture according to Hofstede : power distance ; masculinity and femininity ; individualism and collectivism ; uncertainty avoidance.
- Time as a defining element in cultural differences.
- The importance of information: how much information is enough ?
- Understanding the relevance of tangible and intangible elements of cultural differences.
How to adapt to different cultures
- Who adapts to who ?
- What are our reactions to the host culture : flight, dependency, fight, adaptation.
- The stages of adaptation to a new culture : euphoria, culture shock…
- How we evaluate the visitor’s culture : curiosity, ethnocentrism, polycentrism, xenophilia.
- The attitudes to adopt.
- The five skills to develop.
- Practical exercises to raise awareness of the intangible cultural differences.
- Simulations based on synthetic cultures for cross-cultural practice.
- Input is provided at regular intervals to complement the practical exercises.
- A file is provided.
Faire un suivi des acquis
Tarif du suivi : 300 € HT
- 3 entretiens téléphoniques d’1heure, avec un formateur, répartis sur 3 mois.
- Ou 2 heures d’entretien en face à face .