Active reading on paper and on the screen
The physical process of reading – developing your visual agility
- Adapting the eye movements to the layout of the text and reading objective: horizontal, vertical or diagonal sweep.
- Training yourself to change the way your eyes move over the text.
- Increasing your field of vision.
The mental process of reading – developing your mental agility
Efficient reading depends on the following five elements :
- Motivation – what motivates us to read the text ?
- Anticipation – what are the techniques to better anticipate the contents of a text and so approach the text in a more active way ?
- Concentration – how do we keep up our attention while reading a relatively long and complicated text ?
- Comprehension – how do we increase our reading speed while maintaining a good level of comprehension ?
- Memorisation – what are the techniques for retaining information and recovering the essential information at a later date ?
Adapting the reading strategy to your objective
- How to put in place the different reading strategies of scanning, skimming, sightseeing, in-depth, and reading for pleasure ?
- Why are we reading a particular text and what is the strategy which is best adapted to that objective ?
- Applying the strategy in a systematic way – what are the different steps of each strategy.
Reading on the screen
- What are the differences between reading on paper and on the screen ?
- How to avoid eye fatigue while reading on the screen ?
- How to apply the reading strategies to reading on the screen ?
- Exercises on the screen to develop concentration, to improve anticipation and improve comprehension.
- The practice exercises constitute about 80% of the seminar and are contained in a participant's file and on the computer programme "Reading on the screen" developed by expert consultants from Centor Idep using the latest research from the scientific field.
- Each participant has a PC at his/her disposal and each participant's progress on paper and on the screen is evaluated.
- For each practice exercise, comprehension and retention of information is tested.
Faire un suivi des acquis
Tarif du suivi : 300 € HT
- 3 entretiens téléphoniques d’1heure, avec un formateur, répartis sur 3 mois
- Ou 2 heures d’entretien en face à face